Default Continuing work on tractor tiller......

I also need to set this tiller back because I cant lift it all the way
without it hitting the tires. My idea was to take some 1/2 inch metal
about 6 inches long and cut it as an extension. I would drill a hole in
one end and bolt it to the holes that the 3 point hitch pins went into.
(With a large bolt.) On the other end I would drill a hole to put the
new hitch pins in. Doeas this sound like it would work? Will the bolts
hold? Maybe 5/8 grade 5 bolts?

What tractor are you using? Is there a posibility of finding the hitch
arms from a larger model and using them? I have the same problem when
using a 48" brush cutter on my Kubota. If I get the cutter exactly
centered behind the tractor, the problem goes away.

Paul

This is a Mahindra 40 horse tractor.

Plagiarism Kirk Woodturning 118 March 9th 05 01:04 PM
How to find a good contractor? Alexander Galkin Home Repair 34 March 1st 05 06:06 PM
Electrical work - would inspector check previously done work? Himanshu Home Repair 4 January 23rd 05 08:04 PM
Moisture Cure Urethane (Moisture Cured Urethane) Moshe Woodworking 6 September 5th 03 06:50 PM
Garage Door Work question Rich Greenberg Home Ownership 0 August 6th 03 02:12 AM