Jim Newell

Default Chinese Tubing Bender

Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post here.
Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy to do,
yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated things,
electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Bart D. Hull

What size tubing?

I have a Harbor Freight 5/8" tubing bender and the multi-bender for
brake lines and such.

Just be sure if you use flares for connections that you know what angle
the flare should be. Automotive and AN (Airplane stuff) fittings use
different angle flares. (37 degrees for AN and 45 degrees for Auto)

What are you working on?

Bart D. Hull

Tempe, Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html
for my Subaru Engine Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html
for Tango II I'm building.

Remove -nospam to reply via email.

Jim Newell wrote:
Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post here.
Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy to do,
yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated things,
electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Jim Newell

Yeah, I have the same 5/8 bender......

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of benders with interchangable
dies.

I wonder why there is no imported "die-based" bender.

Jim Newell wrote:
Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post here.
Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy to
do, yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated things,
electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Steve Lusardi

Sure they do and they work well. I have one. Mine goes up to 1". It can be
seen on the www.valkenpower.com site Do not confuse this to his pipe
benders, which he also stocks. I use mine for stainless steel exclusively.
Steve

"Jim Newell" wrote in message
Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post here.
Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy to
do, yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated things,
electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Ken Moffett

"Jim Newell" wrote in
:

Not really looking to start an "all chinese products are crap" post
here. Just wondering......

Why is there no Chinese tubing bender? Seems like it should be easy
to do, yet there does not seem to be one. They make complicated
things, electrified things, but no tubing bender.

What gives?

Ask, and it shall be given!

I just received a new Northern Tool + Equipmment catalog (2005
Spring/Summer). There on page 251 is a, probably Chinese, "Tubing and
Conduit Bender". $99.99! Manual, not hydraulic. Dies and rollers for 3/8",
1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 3/4", and 7/8". Min and Max wall thickness: 0.4mm
(0.016"/28 GA.) and 1.2mm (0.047"/18Ga.) respectively. Max bend angle 180
degrees. They don't spec' min bend radius. Weight: 49 Lbs. Pictured in a
small suitcase, and mounted to plywood panel, in use.

Item # 144214-1505 in the printed catalog
Item # 144214 on their website: Northerntool.com. (on temporary back order)