TT

Default Wanted: Tweco gun for Thermal Arc Fab 131

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Gunner

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 23:55:10 -0700, "TT" wrote:

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Ive got a #5 kicking around. Its a BIG gun..really big

I think its fitted for 1/8" wire

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Ernie Leimkuhler

In article iDq4e.54517$Az.34248@lakeread02, TT
wrote:

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Don't try running 0.035" wire in a Fab 131.
It is a 110 volt MIG welder.
0.024" wire is the best size for 110 volt machines.

Trust me on this.
I have been welding for 23 years now and teaching welding
professionally for 7.5 years.
Gunner

wrote:

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Don't try running 0.035" wire in a Fab 131.
It is a 110 volt MIG welder.
0.024" wire is the best size for 110 volt machines.

Trust me on this.
I have been welding for 23 years now and teaching welding
professionally for 7.5 years.

110 Mig? I suspect that the spare Tweco weighs as much as the welder.
Never mind...

Gunner

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Wayne Cook

wrote:

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Don't try running 0.035" wire in a Fab 131.
It is a 110 volt MIG welder.
0.024" wire is the best size for 110 volt machines.

Trust me on this.
I have been welding for 23 years now and teaching welding
professionally for 7.5 years.

110 Mig? I suspect that the spare Tweco weighs as much as the welder.
Never mind...

Just out of curiosity what's the length of the Tweco gun. I might be
interested in it for my monster MIG/Stick setup.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Gunner

wrote:

Picked up a Thermal Arc Fab 131 without a gun for field use.

Does anyone have a tweco gun lying around? Prefer fitted for 035 solid. Let
me know your price.

Thanks

-Tom

Don't try running 0.035" wire in a Fab 131.
It is a 110 volt MIG welder.
0.024" wire is the best size for 110 volt machines.

Trust me on this.
I have been welding for 23 years now and teaching welding
professionally for 7.5 years.

110 Mig? I suspect that the spare Tweco weighs as much as the welder.
Never mind...

Just out of curiosity what's the length of the Tweco gun. I might be
interested in it for my monster MIG/Stick setup.

Ill check this weekend. If you want it, its yours. Its a tweco #5
IRRC

Gunner

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Wayne Cook

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:49:17 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Just out of curiosity what's the length of the Tweco gun. I might be
interested in it for my monster MIG/Stick setup.

Ill check this weekend. If you want it, its yours. Its a tweco #5
IRRC

Ok. I think I might need it considering that I've had my #4 smoking
after doing spray arc on 1" plate. :-)

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Gunner

wrote:

Just out of curiosity what's the length of the Tweco gun. I might be
interested in it for my monster MIG/Stick setup.

Ill check this weekend. If you want it, its yours. Its a tweco #5
IRRC

Ok. I think I might need it considering that I've had my #4 smoking
after doing spray arc on 1" plate. :-)

I suspect this will do the job. The contact tip in it is about 3/16th
fo an inch ID. Must have been used for alumium, with a hydroelectric
dam as a power supply.

Gunner

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

Rule #35
"That which does not kill you,
has made a huge tactical error"
Wayne Cook

wrote:

Just out of curiosity what's the length of the Tweco gun. I might be
interested in it for my monster MIG/Stick setup.

Ill check this weekend. If you want it, its yours. Its a tweco #5
IRRC

Ok. I think I might need it considering that I've had my #4 smoking
after doing spray arc on 1" plate. :-)

I suspect this will do the job. The contact tip in it is about 3/16th
fo an inch ID. Must have been used for alumium, with a hydroelectric
dam as a power supply.

Sounds right. :-)

I must say that my Miller Dimension 400 welder is awesome. The power
available is more than enough for any job I can think of. Most of the
time it's just idling with the work that I do. But with 500 amps
available I can crank it up for those large jobs. :-)

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

I got the gun from the warehouse today. Its at least 15' long. No idea
what condition the liner is in, but it all looks solid.

Probably need a contact tip. Shrug.

Gunner

Leftwingers are like pond scum. They are green, slimy, show up where
they are not wanted, and interfere with the fishing.

Strider

Wayne Cook

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 06:57:24 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

I got the gun from the warehouse today. Its at least 15' long. No idea
what condition the liner is in, but it all looks solid.

Ok. Sounds good. I think it would be a good idea to have a 15' gun
to go with my 25'. I've found that I have some trouble with the wire
chattering in my 25' gun when I'm running high amps.

Probably need a contact tip. Shrug.

No problems there I've got plenty. :-)

Give me a email address and I'll send the address. Send me your
address as well so I can send you payment.

Thanks

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook
Gunner

wrote:

I got the gun from the warehouse today. Its at least 15' long. No idea
what condition the liner is in, but it all looks solid.

Ok. Sounds good. I think it would be a good idea to have a 15' gun
to go with my 25'. I've found that I have some trouble with the wire
chattering in my 25' gun when I'm running high amps.

Probably need a contact tip. Shrug.

No problems there I've got plenty. :-)

Give me a email address and I'll send the address. Send me your
address as well so I can send you payment.

Thanks

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

This one is good

gunner at lightspeed dot net

Gunner

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas