SteveB

Default hammock question

I got a hammock. From eye to eye is 11'. My patio supports are about 8'
wide, plus or minus. I could use an outside 4x6 support leg, and then
attatch the other end to a double stud, but am not sure if the double stud
would hold it, or if it would cause the stucco to flex off. I have looked
and looked, and there just doesn't seem to be any place to put it where it
wouldn't be in the way.

I have 2x8 rafters 24" oc, and 14 feet long. Can a hammock be hung from
rafters, or would that make it fold up too much in the middle, hence folding
the napping person in half? Could I use steel tubes coming down vertically
from the rafters, and then use chains at an angle from the lowest point back
up to the rafter?

Some ideas, please.

I'll probably just make a tube steel base for it, but that's just another
thing to do and another thing to move around.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
[...]

I had a hammock once and hated it.
Do what I did and toss it in the trash and buy a chase lounge with a nice cushion.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 07 Mar 2014 23:45:47 -0500, Butch butch@localhost wrote:

I had a hammock once and hated it.
Do what I did and toss it in the trash and buy a chase lounge with a nice cushion.

This is a real Hammock.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Hammock_%28forest%29_floor_inside_Florida%27s_Myak ka_State_Park_2.jpg

Save nature.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Butch" butch@localhost wrote in message

SteveB wrote:
[...]

And if you can't find one of those, try a chaise longue (French for "long
chair").

--

dadiOH
____________________________

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
[...]

Je ne parle pas Français mais...

I went to walmart.com and typed in "chase lounge" and got 1032 results.

Then I tried "chaise longue" and only got 4 results.

So to maximize your choices (in the USA), use "chase lounge".

Alors allez te faire foutre. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
[...]

The usual American spelling is neither of these. It's chaise lounge.

At walmart.com, it got 1157 results.

Then I tried chase lounge, got 1032 hits, and they all said chaise.

Except for
CHASE Official Site?Get $150 With a Chase Total? Checking Account! Learn
More.??www.chase.com/$150Offer

Posted to alt.home.repair

SteveB wrote:
[...]

If the hammock is desired, why not just buy (or make) a stand for it,
that stands on the ground. The type that just get tied on, are mostly
made for tying to trees. But then there is the option to get some
cut-off power poles or railroad ties, and put them DEEP into the ground
with concrete in the holes. (which would probably cost more, and surely
be more work, than just buying a stand).

hammock question SteveB Metalworking 3 March 30th 05 08:21 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Yale Electric Chain Hoist Question MP Toolman Metalworking 3 July 13th 04 08:24 AM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Question????? Sir Edgar Woodworking 8 July 20th 03 05:22 PM