blueman

Default Normal amount of lint vented to outside?

We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

John Harlow

blueman wrote:
We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

We just got a new set of towels and has caused a similar thing. It really
lined the vent hose too. It's gotta go somewhere!

Edwin Pawlowski

"blueman" wrote in message
We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

Yes, and better outside than building up in the vent line.

blueman wrote:

We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

If the lint filrter is cleaned regularly the it has nothing to do with
dryer age and has everything to do with what you are drying. As another
poster says it depends on what is being dried.

LB
Education is about knowing where to look for answers.

Bandsaw upper wheel play- normal? Mark Howell Woodworking 5 February 9th 05 07:30 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Bison lathe chuck: how much scroll friction is normal? David Malicky Metalworking 6 July 18th 04 11:39 PM
Super Volcanoes Gunner Metalworking 1 November 29th 03 01:40 PM
Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent Dipu Home Repair 2 August 26th 03 06:15 AM