DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Normal amount of lint vented to outside? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/97008-normal-amount-lint-vented-outside.html)

blueman March 29th 05 04:18 AM

Normal amount of lint vented to outside?

We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

John Harlow March 29th 05 04:32 AM

blueman wrote:
We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

We just got a new set of towels and has caused a similar thing. It really
lined the vent hose too. It's gotta go somewhere!

Edwin Pawlowski March 29th 05 04:58 AM

"blueman" wrote in message
We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

Yes, and better outside than building up in the vent line.

[email protected] March 29th 05 01:29 PM

blueman wrote:

We have a new (2 month old) Maytag Neptune dryer that is vented
horizontally about 6 feet to the outside. Yesterday, I noticed that
the ground is covered with a very noticeable thin mat of lint around
the vent.

Is this normal to happen after such a short period of time?

If the lint filrter is cleaned regularly the it has nothing to do with
dryer age and has everything to do with what you are drying. As another
poster says it depends on what is being dried.

LB
Education is about knowing where to look for answers.