Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Robert11

Default Phone Jack Wiring ?

Hello:

Moved into a house, and just found out that about half of the
phone jacks in the various rooms don't seem to work.

Realize that a probable answer is that the former owner
may have had two lines for the house.
We only have a single one.

I imagine that it shouldn't be too hard to have all the phone
jacks be in parallel, and operable for the one line we do have.

But not sure of the best way to implement this.

Do I do it at the Verizon phone box on the outside wall of the house ?
How exactly ?
Is this "legal" (the opening of this box, and modifying connections inside)
?

Or, do I have to do it inside the hose, trying to find the wires, and
splicing them (all) together, somehow ?

Any thoughts and details on this would be appreciated.

BTW: is it the red and green wires that are used these days for the basic
phone connection ?
what's the yellow wire for ?

Thank you,
Bob

Safe Distance Between Phone Wiring and Power Breaker Panel? [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 7th 05 07:40 PM
Problem with wiring for new second phone line Phil Pickett Home Repair 1 April 19th 04 11:52 PM
Phone Wiring Question B Home Repair 14 July 30th 03 04:35 PM
Adding a Phone Jack & Ensuring DSL Still Works ThinkNotes Home Repair 2 July 1st 03 12:54 AM
Help w/ Phone Wiring barry martin Home Repair 0 June 26th 03 02:28 AM