Drew Cutter

Default GeoThermal ponds

Looking for requirements for building a geothermal pond (pond close
loop) . depth , size , amount of water ,etc ?
m Ransley

Try alt. energy homepower

Drew Cutter

I did . Suggested to go to this newsgroup. oh well.
SQLit

"Drew Cutter" wrote in message
Looking for requirements for building a geothermal pond (pond close
loop) . depth , size , amount of water ,etc ?

At work we have 6- 1 million gallons of thermal storage. Then there is
another 2 million gallons of water in all of the piping. This system is used
for cooling, water chilled to as close to 40 if as we can. If the power
fails and all we can do is pump water, no more cooling added. It takes less
than 30 minutes for the buildings to climb in temperature. ( depending on
how hot and time of day ). This set up is basically used for peak shaving.

If you want help then your going to have to be specific as to what your
trying to do. Where you live and what you expect.

Bottom line water is a aggressive medium. It requires regular maintenance
and replacement. We replace all of the innards of our cooling towers every 2
years. That water is treated for a varity of problems. When the temp
climbs over ~50 F you loose all dehumidification and cooling.

A well insulated/constructed home will help more than your pond. Since I
have to work on this stuff at work I would never consider working on it at
home.

m Ransley

Talk to equipment manufacturers. One thing to common is underestimating
a pond and its summer temp and heat load, that often makes systems
useless for continued use. You need to do alot of research.

Drew Cutter

Looking at NW Virginia property.

SQLit wrote:
[...]

geothermal natural gas powered heat pump Joseph Meehan Home Repair 9 January 31st 05 01:55 PM
Backyard Ponds Evon Home Repair 2 January 12th 05 08:47 PM
Geothermal driveway heating [email protected] Home Repair 0 October 12th 04 11:31 PM
Problems with Geothermal Heat Pump Systems David Alexander Home Repair 1 July 28th 04 05:37 AM