Registered User

Default Need help with my Honey-do list - TIA

I have these items to take care of:

The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage
door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.

A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on.
Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.

Where/what can I start checking before calling in the experts?

TIA
John Harlow

Registered User wrote:
I have these items to take care of:

The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage
door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.

Take it apart and see what's wrong.

A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on.
Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.

Make sure the outside unit is getting power and the low voltage side is
functioning.

Where/what can I start checking before calling in the experts?

If the above doesn't make sense, it's time for some phone calls!

Clark Griswold

"Registered User" wrote in message
I have these items to take care of:

The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage
door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.

A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on.
Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.

Where/what can I start checking before calling in the experts?

TIA

Is there voltage present at the bulb socket? If you don't mind spending
about $75, you can get one of those RF outdoor lights. I just replaced an
old unit with one made by Heath-Zenith. You can buy a remote so she can turn
it on/off from her car and keep it in her purse.

Travis Jordan

Registered User wrote:
The light on my Genie garage door opener does not go on, when garage
door opened/closed. Bulb is okay.

Bad light relay or relay electronics.

A/c unit outside does not work when a/c turned on.
Heating unit in attic works fine when heat is on.

Most likely: No AC power to condenser, no 24vac power to contactor
(check thermostat), bad contactor, open low pressure switch.

m Ransley

Is it a plastic socket on the door opener. Pull the power and bend up
the bottom contact . Door openers have chinese sockets

m Ransley

Cars with built in 3 button and portable door opener remotes with 3
buttons can control X10 protical, Lights by Radio shack, Heath, X 10,
Leutron etc can be turned off -on by remote. Many cars have 3 button
standard.

I made a lot of money doing this! Nothing to lose! [email protected] Woodturning 4 January 27th 05 12:17 PM
HOW TO TURN SIX DOLLARS INTO SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS cohibas Home Ownership 1 December 24th 04 01:20 AM
easy money Onemoredrunk Home Ownership 0 October 11th 04 01:00 AM
Different honeys Mary Fisher UK diy 69 April 16th 04 12:06 PM