Platebanger

Default Snowblower gear question

Hi Folks, I have a 7 speed snowblower 5 forward and 2 reverse. One day the
rod that changes the gears fell out and when I put it back on I was missing
the 2 reverse and 1 forward gears. I quess it somehow misaligned the gears.
Anyone have a quick fix.

Thanks
Dick

Hi, Dick.

Not knowing mfg. or model, I'll bet you don't have "gears" as you seem
to think, as in common automotive manual transmission. Rather,
different ratios determined by moving driven wheel relative to center
of driving plate. Likely, you've done something to skew the driven
wheel position.

There should be a linkage adjustment, and info re setting it, in
manual.

You might contact the dealer, or the mfg., if RTFM is no an option.

HTH,
John

Platebanger wrote:
Hi Folks, I have a 7 speed snowblower 5 forward and 2 reverse. One

day the
rod that changes the gears fell out and when I put it back on I was

missing
the 2 reverse and 1 forward gears. I quess it somehow misaligned the

gears.
Anyone have a quick fix.

Thanks
Dick

Yet another tub caulking question (sorry!) -this time about color MAG Home Repair 1 August 2nd 04 02:52 AM
new foundation question oreo123 Home Repair 11 July 20th 04 10:41 PM
Plumbing Question Jeff UK diy 4 December 1st 03 01:49 PM
Garage Door Work question user Home Ownership 2 August 5th 03 11:05 PM
Another toolkit question Andrew McKay UK diy 32 July 15th 03 12:15 AM