DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Snowblower gear question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/94420-snowblower-gear-question.html)

Platebanger March 9th 05 03:08 PM

Snowblower gear question

Hi Folks, I have a 7 speed snowblower 5 forward and 2 reverse. One day the
rod that changes the gears fell out and when I put it back on I was missing
the 2 reverse and 1 forward gears. I quess it somehow misaligned the gears.
Anyone have a quick fix.

Thanks
Dick

[email protected] March 9th 05 04:07 PM

Hi, Dick.

Not knowing mfg. or model, I'll bet you don't have "gears" as you seem
to think, as in common automotive manual transmission. Rather,
different ratios determined by moving driven wheel relative to center
of driving plate. Likely, you've done something to skew the driven
wheel position.

There should be a linkage adjustment, and info re setting it, in
manual.

You might contact the dealer, or the mfg., if RTFM is no an option.

HTH,
John