Default Help with GE Potscrubber Dishwasher

I have a GE Potscrubber 2230 that's about 12 years old. It came with
the house I bought and every since we bought the house, it has a
problem where it will run normally for about 33 minutes of the 44
minutes it's set for and then quit with a C5 error code. At this
point, there's still water in the bottom of the machine but the soap
cup is opened, leading me to believe that the wash is complete and it's
just the rinse that never happens. The water won't pump out unless I
let the machine sit for about 20 to 30 minutes, at which time, I
unlatch and relatch the door and the pump kicks in to remove all the
water.

Anyway, someone I know who just redid his kitchen had the same
dishwasher and had a similar problem a few years ago. He had his fixed
by replacing the whole control console. He gave me the part to try in
mine.

Here's my question.

Before I fiddle with this thing, are there any tricks to removing the
console I should know about? It looks like the whole inside of the
door comes off, and I'd imagine that would provide access to the part
I'm replacing. Is this right or is there some other way to get to the
console?

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi,

GE Potscrubber 2230

GE model#'s normally start with letters....
http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html
Some model# helps.

has a problem where it will run normally for about
33 minutes of the 44 minutes it's set for and then
quit with a C5 error code

A copy:
Dishwasher Fault Codes - From Late 1990's forward
C5 - Low water fill - Check for low water pressure to unit, usually an
indication of a bad water inlet valve

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

GE Dishwasher not draining problem Licensed to Quill Electronics Repair 7 June 27th 04 02:42 PM
Dishwasher Drain Greg Home Repair 2 June 8th 04 11:54 AM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 4 January 10th 04 05:08 AM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Ownership 3 December 23rd 03 02:08 PM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 0 December 22nd 03 03:30 PM