Konyoman

Default repairing cracks ceiling in bathroom

I want to repair a spot in my bathroom ceiling where the paint has started
to bubble due to condensation. Even with the vent fan on, it seems to be
too damp in the room.

My plan was to scrape the area so that it is flat and then patch with
drywall compond before painting. My concern is that due to the nature of
bathroom and dampness, won't the drywall patch eventually bubble-up again
and cause the same problem?

Do I have to buy a special mixture of patch for bathroom?

Thanks

SQLit

"Konyoman" wrote in message
I want to repair a spot in my bathroom ceiling where the paint has started
to bubble due to condensation. Even with the vent fan on, it seems to be
too damp in the room.

My plan was to scrape the area so that it is flat and then patch with
drywall compond before painting. My concern is that due to the nature of
bathroom and dampness, won't the drywall patch eventually bubble-up again
and cause the same problem?

Do I have to buy a special mixture of patch for bathroom?

Thanks

my suggestion is to fix the cause not the problem.

Think about increasing the fan cfm's or put a timer on it and let it run for
15 minutes after your done with the door open.

Art

Might also check to see if vent pipe leaking and causing bubble in
sheetrock.

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Konyoman" wrote in message
I want to repair a spot in my bathroom ceiling where the paint has
started
to bubble due to condensation. Even with the vent fan on, it seems to be
too damp in the room.

My plan was to scrape the area so that it is flat and then patch with
drywall compond before painting. My concern is that due to the nature of
bathroom and dampness, won't the drywall patch eventually bubble-up again
and cause the same problem?

Do I have to buy a special mixture of patch for bathroom?

Thanks

my suggestion is to fix the cause not the problem.

Think about increasing the fan cfm's or put a timer on it and let it run
for
15 minutes after your done with the door open.

Help - advice sought on repairing hole made in neighbours ceiling [email protected] UK diy 6 February 22nd 05 11:12 AM
Bathroom Ceiling Extractor Fan andy_ollers UK diy 3 September 26th 04 09:15 AM
Bathroom ceiling - skim coat or what? arjay Home Repair 2 September 18th 04 06:44 AM
bathroom ceiling Jim Walsh UK diy 4 April 28th 04 05:48 PM
Advice on bathroom lighting in shallow false ceiling [email protected] UK diy 8 October 28th 03 05:54 PM