AustinScoobee

Default Cabinet wheels

Hi everyone,
I wondered in anyone know where I might find some shop wheels I saw
once (and never again!) They are about 2" diameter, but the neat
feature of these is that they have a pedal which raises and lowers
them, so that when attached to a large bench or workstation, you can
drop them to stay in place, then use the pedal to raise them and move
the whole station..

I hope I have explained this well enough..I've done exaustive searches
on the net, and never seen one again..

Any help appreciated
Cheers

Charlie Bress

I know the kind you are looking for, I have them on a 40 year old saw table.
There are different styles now that don't lift.
They just have a lock that keeps them in place or you can release to move.
Try Rockler.com or see the link below

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product...er %20locking

Charlie

"AustinScoobee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,
I wondered in anyone know where I might find some shop wheels I saw
once (and never again!) They are about 2" diameter, but the neat
feature of these is that they have a pedal which raises and lowers
them, so that when attached to a large bench or workstation, you can
drop them to stay in place, then use the pedal to raise them and move
the whole station..

I hope I have explained this well enough..I've done exaustive searches
on the net, and never seen one again..

Any help appreciated
Cheers

AustinScoobee

So , no one make the ones that lift anymore?

Hot Rod

"AustinScoobee" wrote in message
oups.com...
So , no one make the ones that lift anymore?

Try this from Rockler: "Power Tool Mobile Base"

http://www.rockler.com/findit.cfm?&c...ge=2383&slt=hp

Roger Taylor

"AustinScoobee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,
I wondered in anyone know where I might find some shop wheels I saw
once (and never again!) They are about 2" diameter, but the neat
feature of these is that they have a pedal which raises and lowers
them, so that when attached to a large bench or workstation, you can
drop them to stay in place, then use the pedal to raise them and move
the whole station..

I hope I have explained this well enough..I've done exaustive searches
on the net, and never seen one again..

You might try the online dealers, such as castercity, servicecaster, and
greatlakescaster, all of which have large inventories and will answer your
technical questions on their websites, if you don't find what you are
looking for.

Clark Griswold

"AustinScoobee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,
I wondered in anyone know where I might find some shop wheels I saw
once (and never again!) They are about 2" diameter, but the neat
feature of these is that they have a pedal which raises and lowers
them, so that when attached to a large bench or workstation, you can
drop them to stay in place, then use the pedal to raise them and move
the whole station..

I hope I have explained this well enough..I've done exaustive searches
on the net, and never seen one again..

Any help appreciated
Cheers

Check out page 1184 of the McMaster-Carr catalog. Roll-and-Set Leveling
Casters

http://www.mcmaster.com/