Rich

Default well help

I have been having problems with my well. Everything works ok untill I try
to fill a large bathtub or water the lawn. After a few minutes the water
almost stops. I went into the crawl and watched the pressure gauge. pump
kicks in at 32psi kicks off at about 48psi. After 3 to 4 cycles psi drops to
10psi. I turn pump off and in about 5 min. psi goes up and I turn pump back
on and everything is ok for 3 to 4 cycles then psi drops again. I went to
local hardware where they repair these pumps and they where nice enough to
show me what to look for in the pump. Removed pump and
disassmbled,everything ok. Went back to store and they told me that the well
head could be partialy cloged. They sugested firing a 22 down the well pipe
to see if the was clogged. It seems to me that a clogged head could be my
problem but I dont know about firing 22 rifle down the well. Can anyone help
me in determing my problem or a cure. The well is shollow 18 to 20 feet down
and the pump is in the crawl space.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Rich" wrote in message
[...]

It can also be there is just not enough water in the well to pump. 20 feet
is not very deep for most areas.

Sounds like it is time to call in a pro.

Duane Bozarth

Rich wrote:

I'm w/ Edwin on this one...sounds like your well isn't up to the pumping
rate your asking. Only thing I can think of otherwise is if there's a
silt filter at the bottome of the well and the pump is sucking up enough
to restrict it that clears up. But, that is much less likely to be so
and it surely sounds like simply pumping the hole dry and then waiting
for the water to refill...
Dan C

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:42:25 -0600, Rich wrote:

[...]

I'd say it's pretty obvious that the well is drying up...

Linux Registered User #327951

Tony Hwang

Rich wrote:
[...]

Hi,
Common sense tells me, do you have sufficient flow rate?
I'd suspect that before anything else.
Tony

playintennis5274

when was the last time you emptied the bladder tank and checked the air
p.s.i ? might be "water logged"

--
playintennis5274
playintennis5274's Profile: http://homerepairforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=51

Dan C

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:29:28 -0600, playintennis5274 wrote:

when was the last time you emptied the bladder tank and checked the air
p.s.i ? might be "water logged"

Ummmm, I haven't, as I'm not the one with the problem...

Linux Registered User #327951

Duane Bozarth

playintennis5274 wrote:

when was the last time you emptied the bladder tank and checked the air
p.s.i ? might be "water logged"....

Wrong symptoms...waterlogged pressure tank will cause pump to cycle
rapidly from the reduced volume.