Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rich

Default well help

I have been having problems with my well. Everything works ok untill I try
to fill a large bathtub or water the lawn. After a few minutes the water
almost stops. I went into the crawl and watched the pressure gauge. pump
kicks in at 32psi kicks off at about 48psi. After 3 to 4 cycles psi drops to
10psi. I turn pump off and in about 5 min. psi goes up and I turn pump back
on and everything is ok for 3 to 4 cycles then psi drops again. I went to
local hardware where they repair these pumps and they where nice enough to
show me what to look for in the pump. Removed pump and
disassmbled,everything ok. Went back to store and they told me that the well
head could be partialy cloged. They sugested firing a 22 down the well pipe
to see if the was clogged. It seems to me that a clogged head could be my
problem but I dont know about firing 22 rifle down the well. Can anyone help
me in determing my problem or a cure. The well is shollow 18 to 20 feet down
and the pump is in the crawl space.