Stormin Mormon

Default Metals of old age

Off the edge of my memory, I have an old poem floating around in my head
about the metals of old age.

My hair is silver
My teeth are gold

My butt is full of lead

And so it goes on. I've tried Google search, and also search my emails
stored on drive. Can't find it. Who has th is?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

G. Morgan

Subject: Metals of old age
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Stormin Mormon = wrote:

Off the edge of my memory, I have an old poem floating around in my head
about the metals of old age.

My hair is silver
My teeth are gold

My butt is full of lead

And so it goes on. I've tried Google search, and also search my emails
stored on drive. Can't find it. Who has th is?

SENIORS ARE A TREASURE

Remember, old folks are worth a fortune,
With silver in their hair, gold in their teeth,
Stones in their kidneys, lead in their feet,
And gas in their stomachs.

I have become older since I last saw you
And a few changes have come into my life.
Frankly, I have become quite a frivolous old gal...
I am seeing five gentlemen every day.

As soon as I wake up,
Will Power helps me out of bed,
After which I go to see John.
Later Charlie Horse comes along
And he takes a lot of my time and attention.
After that Arthur Ritis shows up
And stays the rest of the day.
He doesn't like to stay in one place very long,
So he takes me from joint to joint.
After such a busy day I'm really tired
And glad to go to bed with Ben Gay.
What a life!!!

P.S. The preacher called the other day
And said at my age I should be thinking
About the hereafter. I told him,
"Oh, I do that all the time.
No matter where I am--in the parlour,
Kitchen, upstairs, or down in the basement--
I ask myself, 'What am I here after?'"

Author Unknown
--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email

zxcvbob

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Off the edge of my memory, I have an old poem floating around in my head
about the metals of old age.

My hair is silver
My teeth are gold

My butt is full of lead

And so it goes on. I've tried Google search, and also search my emails
stored on drive. Can't find it. Who has th is?

I found it in a couple of places using google. None of them were
attributed, so I don't know who wrote it. Enjoy:

"Did you know that we old folk are worth a fortune? We have silver in
our hair, gold in our teeth, stones in our kidneys, lead in our feet,
and gas in our stomach.

I have become older since I saw you last and a few changes have come
into my life. Frankly I have become a frivolous old woman! I am seeing
six gentlemen every day! as soon as I wake up Will Power helps me out,
then I go to see Jimmy Riddle and then it's time for breakfast with Mr.
Kellogg followed closely by the refreshing company of Mr. Tetley or my
other friend I only know by his initials P.G.

Then comes someone I really don't like at all Arthur Itis, he knows he
is not welcome but he insits on being here, and what's more, he stays
for the rest of the day. Even then he does not like to stay in one
place, so he takes me from joint to joint.

After such a hectic day I'm glad to get to bed (and with Johnny Walker
too!) what a hectic life. Oh yes, I am now flirting with Al Zhemer!! The
vicar came calling the other day and said that at my age I should be
thinking aboutthe hereafter. So I told him I did that all the time, For
no matter where I am, in the bedroom, the kitche,the sitting room, or
the garden I ask myself "now what am I here after?"

Well I'll close now and hope that Will Power is your constant companion
too, but sat clear of Jerry Atric..he's bad news !!!!"
Gideon

Stormin,

I've got a hunch that this is the poem you seek:

The golden years are really metallic years,
gold in the tooth, silver in your hair
and most of all lead in the pants.

If that is the quote that you were thinking of, then you can try
the following Goggle search to see if there is more to the poem:
"gold in the tooth" "lead in the pants"

Gideon

Stormin Mormon

That's it, or real close. Thank you.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Gideon" wrote in message
Stormin,

I've got a hunch that this is the poem you seek:

The golden years are really metallic years,
gold in the tooth, silver in your hair
and most of all lead in the pants.

If that is the quote that you were thinking of, then you can try
the following Goggle search to see if there is more to the poem:
"gold in the tooth" "lead in the pants"

Gideon

Stormin Mormon

THANK YOU!!!!