Burhans

Default Origional French Drain

All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area where
all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block
and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends.
Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can
follow it under the ground?

Thanks

Dave

Call a utility locate service.
Good luck.
-Dave

Colbyt

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area

where
all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block
and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends.
Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can
follow it under the ground?

Thanks

Not being a smartass here.

It must run down hill from where you found it or to a drywell (which I
doubt). The natural order of things.

Colbyt

Patriarch

"Colbyt" wrote in
:

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home.
After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. snip

Not being a smartass here.

It must run down hill from where you found it or to a drywell (which
I doubt). The natural order of things.

And they don't last forever without maintenance. Also the natural order of
things.

Get that shovel busy.

Patriarch

Gideon

Good advice, but I'd suggest phoning several plumbing-oriented
companies and getting estimates. Roto-Rooter may not be the
most economical.

Stormin Mormon

They problem with following French drains is that that keep surrendering,
and that slows things down.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area where
all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block
and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends.
Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can
follow it under the ground?

Thanks

D. Gerasimatos

Shouldn't it be called a Freedom Drain?