DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Origional French Drain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/92587-origional-french-drain.html)

Burhans February 24th 05 12:11 AM

Origional French Drain

All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area where
all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block
and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends.
Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can
follow it under the ground?

Thanks

Dave February 24th 05 12:46 AM

Call a utility locate service.
Good luck.
-Dave

Colbyt February 24th 05 01:15 AM

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home. After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. It has a low area

where
all the water is ending up then seeping into the concrete foundation block
and traveling around the home. The problem is I am not sure where it ends.
Does anyone have any easy ways to find out where it may end? Any way I can
follow it under the ground?

Thanks

Not being a smartass here.

It must run down hill from where you found it or to a drywell (which I
doubt). The natural order of things.

Colbyt

Patriarch February 24th 05 03:39 AM

"Colbyt" wrote in
:

"Burhans" wrote in message
All,
I have been having water problems under one side of my home.
After
digging I have found a French Drain that has failed. snip

Not being a smartass here.

It must run down hill from where you found it or to a drywell (which
I doubt). The natural order of things.

And they don't last forever without maintenance. Also the natural order of
things.

Get that shovel busy.

Patriarch

Gideon February 24th 05 10:03 PM

Good advice, but I'd suggest phoning several plumbing-oriented
companies and getting estimates. Roto-Rooter may not be the
most economical.

Stormin Mormon February 25th 05 03:57 PM

They problem with following French drains is that that keep surrendering,
and that slows things down.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

D. Gerasimatos February 25th 05 05:32 PM

Shouldn't it be called a Freedom Drain?

Dimitri