Albert Ng

Default dishwasher door wont close

Hi all.

I have a "simpson" brand dishwasher, with a stainless steel door.

All of a sudden, its decided not to allow me to close the door.

1. Ive looked the the instruction manual for troubleshooting that problem
and it doesnt exist.
2. Ive taken out the baskets and even removed the catch at the top but it
still wont close, leading me to beleive its neither of those things.

Any ideas?

Matt

You dont have one arm in there when you try to close it, do you? Cause
that will do it every time with a simpson!

Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam!

Albert Ng

thanks matt, I tried that one too!

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
You dont have one arm in there when you try to close it, do you? Cause
that will do it every time with a simpson!

Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam!

meirman

In alt.home.repair on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:01:16 GMT "Albert Ng"
posted:

Hi all.

I have a "simpson" brand dishwasher, with a stainless steel door.

All of a sudden, its decided not to allow me to close the door.

1. Ive looked the the instruction manual for troubleshooting that problem
and it doesnt exist.

Because it's probalby rare, and because sometimes the trouble shooting
section only gives the easiest problems like Not plugged in.

2. Ive taken out the baskets and even removed the catch at the top but it
still wont close, leading me to beleive its neither of those things.

Any ideas?

If you pay close attention, maybe push a bit on one side at a time,
you should be able to tell which side the problem is. I haven't had
this problem, but it is probably imo part of the hinge on the left
side or the right. Some of this will be visibile if you remove the
kick panel (two screws probably), and if necessary more will be
visible if you pull the dishwasher out a few inches. To move it, you
probably have to disonnect the copper water supply tube, which means
you first have to turn off the valve, which is probably under the
sink. Make sure you turn off the dishwasher and not the cold water to
the sink.

Something is probably caught on something else, or maybe bent and
catching on something, and you just have to look closely. When you
find it, you may be able to bend it back and not spend any money on
parts, or maybe you will need a part.

I know nothing about your particular brand. Except Matt raises a good
ppint.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.
xrongor

ah oliver sudden did it. he breaks lots of things. i suspect oliver sudden
or one of his kids sat on the door when it was open or something like
that....

randy

"Albert Ng" wrote in message
Hi all.

I have a "simpson" brand dishwasher, with a stainless steel door.

All of a sudden, its decided not to allow me to close the door.

1. Ive looked the the instruction manual for troubleshooting that problem
and it doesnt exist.
2. Ive taken out the baskets and even removed the catch at the top but it
still wont close, leading me to beleive its neither of those things.

Any ideas?

GE Dishwasher not draining problem Licensed to Quill Electronics Repair 7 June 27th 04 02:42 PM
Dishwasher Drain Greg Home Repair 2 June 8th 04 11:54 AM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 4 January 10th 04 05:08 AM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Ownership 3 December 23rd 03 02:08 PM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 0 December 22nd 03 03:30 PM