Bill

Default Quickstyle Laminate - tongue & groove design...

There's a deal for me on a close out of Quickstyle "Elite Snap" 12mm
laminate flooring. The problem is I've not seen this type of snap. It's
a tongue & groove connection (think bayonet). The planks are snapped
together flat as opposed to the normal "snap down at an angle that most
are.

Anyone install this stuff?

--
Bill

Rick Brandt

Bill wrote:
There's a deal for me on a close out of Quickstyle "Elite Snap" 12mm
laminate flooring. The problem is I've not seen this type of snap.
It's a tongue & groove connection (think bayonet). The planks are
snapped together flat as opposed to the normal "snap down at an angle
that most are.

Anyone install this stuff?

I installed Wilsonart Red Label which has a similar system. It has to be
"tapped" together with a hammer and a plastic block and once together doesn't
come apart very easily.

There "might" be advantages to the system, but the "hook and drop" style would
definitely be easier, faster, and can be easily taken apart when you discover
that you've gone two rows deep and have the pattern wrong.