David Combs

Default shower-door water-deflector eroded, came off

"Shower-door water-deflector eroded, came off"

What's it made of? Not obvious to me:

(Shower door, etc, was installed in perhaps 1940, maybe a few years
earlier)

.. Aluminum? Doesn't have that "aluminum feel", seems not lightweight
enough for that.

.. Some other alloy?

Anyway, it seems to be made of *some* fairly-lightweight metal.

(Poteltial clue?: Although it shows no aluminum-like wee surface-pits,
2 of its 4 screw-holes (all are near the top edge) have been eaten
away, in a V-shape gap, out to edge of the piece. (The wide part of
the V being at the edge, narrow part being the wee-hole itself),

QUESTION: What to do to reattach this thing to the bottom of the
shower door?

Drill new holes both through the deflector-piece and into the door

(Inner question: what kind of metal-screws will grip the
newly-drille *no-threads* hole?)

Quick and easy, via some kind of waterproof glue (epoxy, perhaps?)

Other ideas?

Dot Com

"Eroded, eaten away. 1940's or b/4". Do you really want to repair? I think
it's time to consider replacing since you can get a decent shower door for
$200 or under.

"David Combs" wrote
[...]

David Combs

In article ,
Dot Com wrote:
"Eroded, eaten away. 1940's or b/4". Do you really want to repair? I think
it's time to consider replacing since you can get a decent shower door for
$200 or under.

Well, what with the *only* thing wrong with the shower-door
being that this bottom piece has come loose (still attached
at the other end), seems like a waste to throw out the
shower door with the shower-water.

And, and I don't know about other people here, but
$200 isn't, for me, toss-away money.

So, if I can kludge-together some way to stick
the water-deflector back onto the door, it's a win.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to re-attach this thing?

Thanks!

David

Dot Com

"David Combs" wrote
Well, what with the *only* thing wrong with the shower-door
being that this bottom piece has come loose (still attached
at the other end), seems like a waste to throw out the
shower door with the shower-water.

The *only* thing wrong is in your own words "eroded,eaten away, 1940"s or
b/4" JUNK! Why don't you save your shower water and recycle it? Maybe use it
to brush your teeth, if you have any. You cheap *******, you probably only
shower once a month whether you think you need it or not. Good Grief man,
post your lame question on alt.usenet.kooks. You probably will get some
information geared towards your state of mind.

And, and I don't know about other people here, but
$200 isn't, for me, toss-away money.

You haven't even checked prices, you can get an economy shower door for
under $100. I recently received a flier from one of the box stores, which
had them for under $60.

So, if I can kludge-together some way to stick
the water-deflector back onto the door, it's a win.

Let it rust out some more, maybe the jem you're trying to save will rust
together.

So, anyone have any ideas on how to re-attach this thing?

Yea, call someone who gives a ****.