rile

Default Plumbing.....extension?

I'm getting in a project to remodel a downstairs half-bath. Part of
the remodeling will be to rebuild the floor with laminate flooring.
Now comes the problem. I'd like to put the laminate over the flooring
that already exists in the half-bath. But, the laminate will raise the
flooring higher than the flange for the toilet. Any ideas? Is there
an extension that might fit into an older flange for that type of
retrofitting?

Brian

But, the laminate will raise the flooring higher than the
flange for the toilet.

Get two wax rings. Problem solved.

willshak

On 2/18/2005 1:10 AM US(ET), rile took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

I'm getting in a project to remodel a downstairs half-bath. Part of
the remodeling will be to rebuild the floor with laminate flooring.
Now comes the problem. I'd like to put the laminate over the flooring
that already exists in the half-bath. But, the laminate will raise the
flooring higher than the flange for the toilet. Any ideas? Is there
an extension that might fit into an older flange for that type of
retrofitting?

They sell plastic rings that fit over the flange.

--
Bill
Mikey S.

Not a problem...You can buy a plastic extension piece in any plumbing supply
or Home store that will add 1/2 inch to the flange height. You can also get
a special wax ring ( I got mine at Home Depot) which is thicker and has a
plastic insert, made for just this purpose. It costs about a dollar more,
and is supposed to work with the flange up to about 3/4 of an inch below the
floor.

--

Mikey S.
http://www.mike721.com