Colbyt

Default Level floor before Kiltz or after?

I have an old wood floor that I need to seal with Kiltz and in some areas
needs a bit of leveling compound.

I intend to use the cementious leveling product.

My question is should I apply the Kiltz before or after the leveling
compound? Which way will achieve the best bond and best odor control.

Colbyt

SQLit

"Colbyt" wrote in message
I have an old wood floor that I need to seal with Kiltz and in some areas
needs a bit of leveling compound.

I intend to use the cementious leveling product.

My question is should I apply the Kiltz before or after the leveling
compound? Which way will achieve the best bond and best odor control.

Colbyt

Never heard of using kilz on a floor before. Deal with the odor first.
Being kilz is paint that might deter the bond your looking for. How about
bleach until the odor is gone. Then do the leveling

Colbyt

"SQLit" wrote in message

"Colbyt" wrote in message
I have an old wood floor that I need to seal with Kiltz and in some

areas
needs a bit of leveling compound.

I intend to use the cementious leveling product.

My question is should I apply the Kiltz before or after the leveling
compound? Which way will achieve the best bond and best odor control.

Colbyt

Never heard of using kilz on a floor before. Deal with the odor first.
Being kilz is paint that might deter the bond your looking for. How about
bleach until the odor is gone. Then do the leveling

There was a fire in the house. Most of the odor in the floor is from pets.
Odor ban has been used extensively while mopping. The floors will be
carpeted. I just want to make sure the odor does not come back.

Colbyt

Colbyt

"John B" wrote in message
What odor? Think about the stink before acting.

There was a fire in the house. Most of the odor in the floor is from pets.
Odor ban has been used extensively while mopping. The floors will be
carpeted. I just want to make sure the odor does not come back.

Colbyt

[Tool review] - Laser level Andy Dingley UK diy 3 April 5th 06 09:58 PM
level mystery Silvan Woodworking 37 January 31st 05 12:55 AM
Level a lathe Cliff Metalworking 0 December 16th 04 01:38 AM
Calibrating a Starrett 98-4 Level Steve Metalworking 2 August 19th 04 07:00 PM
Laser level??? Sorta........ Tom Metalworking 9 December 30th 03 10:19 AM