Michael

Default Mold in my office

Can anyone tell me what this mold report means?

=============================
According to the State Lab of Hygiene report for the water damaged drywall
sample taken from Curtin 495, there we

aerobic actinomycete 1,400 colony forming units (CFU) per inch^2
82 %

Acremonium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6 %

Penicillium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Tribirachium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Speedy Jim

Michael wrote:

Can anyone tell me what this mold report means?

=============================
According to the State Lab of Hygiene report for the water damaged drywall
sample taken from Curtin 495, there we

aerobic actinomycete 1,400 colony forming units (CFU) per inch^2
82 %

Acremonium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6 %

Penicillium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Tribirachium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

You can GOOGLE for each one.

These medical/scientific sites may help also:

http://www.dehs.umn.edu/iaq/fungus/
http://www3.sympatico.ca/ross.fraser/Richard9.htm
http://alcor.concordia.ca/~raojw/crd...ept000179.html

Jim
Joseph Meehan

Michael wrote:
Can anyone tell me what this mold report means?

=============================
According to the State Lab of Hygiene report for the water damaged
drywall sample taken from Curtin 495, there we

aerobic actinomycete 1,400 colony forming units (CFU) per inch^2
82 %

Acremonium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6 %

Penicillium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Tribirachium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Short answer. That fuzzy stuff is mold and unless you have a special
allergy, you will live. As I recall non-of those are considered serious
health risk. However you don't want them at all so you will want to take
some form of action.

I am no expert and I don't recognize those measurements, so it may be
levels you would expect to find in any home. Believe me every home and
office, street corner and farm field has some molds.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

zxcvbob

Michael wrote:
Can anyone tell me what this mold report means?

=============================
According to the State Lab of Hygiene report for the water damaged drywall
sample taken from Curtin 495, there we

aerobic actinomycete 1,400 colony forming units (CFU) per inch^2
82 %

Acremonium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6 %

Penicillium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

Tribirachium species 100 CFU/in^2, 6%

I don't know the significance of what it says, but it is very
significant that it *doesnt* say "Stachybotris"

(stachybotris is the toxic black mold that the whole country is having a
collective hissy fit about)

Best regards,
Bob