DS

Default Chilly house after renovation.

We put a small addition on our house (about 10x13) We heat with forced air
gas. The addition is professionally built and properly insulated. It is
closed off by folding French doors with a one inch gap between the door and
the floor. The furnace is in good condition and the filters are changed
regularly. The heating ducts in the basement were extended and a register
installed in the new room. However we notice that end of the house is
noticeably cooler (68F when the thermostat is at 71F) and the new room
itself is very cool when the French doors are closed. The thermostat is on
the other side of the house which is fine.
My suspicion is that we need an extra cold air return but I don't want to go
to all that work without being sure.
All input and suggestions much appreciated.

=^..^=

Major house renovation xrongor Home Repair 2 October 15th 04 01:16 AM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM