Ralph D.

Default Bathtub capacity?

What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

Thanks!

Abe

What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

----
42 gallons

Stormin Mormon

The last time I tried to figure it out, I measured the length, width, and
depth. In inches. Multiply. Whever you get, divide by the constant of 231
(number of cubic inches in a galon).

Came out about 50, for me.

I have no clue what the national average is.

Other useful facts. A cubic foot of water contains 7.48 galons, and weighs
62.5 pounds.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ralph D." wrote in message
What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

Thanks!

Dr. Hardcrab

"Ralph D." wrote in message
What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

Depends on how many people are in the tub.....

;-]

Ralph D.

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message

"Ralph D." wrote in message
What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built

in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

Depends on how many people are in the tub.....

;-]

And how much they might be sloshing that water around!

Heh!

Actually, I need to put all of my seed starting equiptment and gardening
implements in it and sanitize them as the cooperative extension feels I have
a nasty fungus (errrrrr... my flats, packs, trays and utensils and such...
not me) and I need to soak them in a 10:1 mixture with Clorox. Someone says
40 and someone says 50, and since I have quite a few of them to do, I think
I'll fill it to just below the overflow and dump a gallon and a bit more in
and call it close enough.

Thanks for the input!

Abe

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:12:57 -0800, Abe wrote:

What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

----
42 gallons

------
Let me clarify. All the standard size American Standard tubs are 42
gallons. I also went to the Kohler site and they are the same. When in
doubt RTFM!
Rick Shaw

Ralph D. wrote:
What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in
bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?

Thanks!

Just over the top of Ma's big toe.....
PhotoMan

Just over the top of Ma's big toe.....

Husband helping wife take a milk bath: "You want pasteurized?"

Wife: "No, up to my boobs will be fine".

ameijers

"Ralph D." wrote in message

(snip)

Actually, I need to put all of my seed starting equiptment and gardening
implements in it and sanitize them as the cooperative extension feels I

have
a nasty fungus (errrrrr... my flats, packs, trays and utensils and such...
not me) and I need to soak them in a 10:1 mixture with Clorox. Someone

says
40 and someone says 50, and since I have quite a few of them to do, I

think
I'll fill it to just below the overflow and dump a gallon and a bit more

in
and call it close enough.

Uh, probably too late, but if you have any place to store it, I'd recommend
a plastic mortar box or a garbage can (if your stuff will fit in), outside,
versus the same tub you plop your naked arse down in. Doing production line
cleaning like that will take some soaking time, make the bathroom stink, and
the inevitable splashing will likely leave you with little white spots on
the decor. Not to mention the Ewww! factor, of course, thinking about what
was growing on the gardening containers.

aem sends....

Ralph D.

"ameijers" wrote in message

"Ralph D." wrote in message

(snip)

[...]

Old bathtub in the unfinished basement never even gets used. I'm the only
one to take a leak or dump in there cause they do go ewwwwww... and if you
ever had to wait and wait your turn, that's a good thing that's there's
always one hole waiting :-) Ha ha... not that bad, really... just block
wall and cement floor and an old wall mount sink that's great for washing
greasy hands and nobody can bitch about it... then every now and then take
about a half bottle of dish soap and smear it all over it and let it sit for
an hour and loosen the grease and rinse it down and it's good for another
few weeks. I keep saying that one of these days I'm gonna add a shower to
that old tub and cover the block with something cheap and then they can do
whatever they want or don't want to do to the upstairs bath and I'll be just
fine with my own. Always been too cold down there since the days we lived in
the foundation while we did the shell and put a furnace in instead of the
old wood burner we had back then. With the addition of the gas and the new
heater down there it might happen this year... a little 'Man' space, ya
know??????

Ralph D.

**** you, moron. You must be a proud man.

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message
www.tubgirl.com

"Ralph D." wrote in message

"ameijers" wrote in message

"Ralph D." wrote in message

(snip)

[...]

TURTLE

"Ralph D." wrote in message
news
**** you, moron. You must be a proud man.

This is Turtle.

I didn't have to go look for that is just Oscar for you. Tube girl is Oscar's
prize winning Photo.

TURTLE

Oscar_Lives

"TURTLE" wrote in message

"Ralph D." wrote in message
news
**** you, moron. You must be a proud man.

This is Turtle.

I didn't have to go look for that is just Oscar for you. Tube girl is
Oscar's prize winning Photo.

TURTLE

AIN'T SHE A BEAUT?!??!