Leonardo

Default temp blocking of drip for soldering

I have to sweat some copper pipes but the old valves won't turn off
completely. Do I have to pay 8 bucks for 6 of those little egg thingies,
4 of which I won't use, to block the drip?

Is there a handy find around the house substitute? I've heard that bread
balls will work, is that true?

Thanks

Lenny
Duane Bozarth

Leonardo wrote:

I have to sweat some copper pipes but the old valves won't turn off
completely. Do I have to pay 8 bucks for 6 of those little egg thingies,
4 of which I won't use, to block the drip?

Is there a handy find around the house substitute? I've heard that bread
balls will work, is that true?

Haven't tried it, seems like it would if you can be quick...

Why not shut off the house and repair the other cutoffs at the same
time?
Joseph Meehan

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

I have to sweat some copper pipes but the old valves won't turn off
completely. Do I have to pay 8 bucks for 6 of those little egg
thingies, 4 of which I won't use, to block the drip?

Is there a handy find around the house substitute? I've heard that
bread balls will work, is that true?

Haven't tried it, seems like it would if you can be quick...

Why not shut off the house and repair the other cutoffs at the same
time?

Bread is the standard. I have only needed it a couple of times, but it
worked.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Leonardo

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Duane Bozarth wrote:

Leonardo wrote:

I have to sweat some copper pipes but the old valves won't turn off
completely. Do I have to pay 8 bucks for 6 of those little egg
thingies, 4 of which I won't use, to block the drip?

Is there a handy find around the house substitute? I've heard that
bread balls will work, is that true?

Haven't tried it, seems like it would if you can be quick...

Why not shut off the house and repair the other cutoffs at the same
time?

Bread is the standard. I have only needed it a couple of times, but it
worked.

Appreciate the responses.

Lenny

Andy

Joseph Meehan wrote:
Duane Bozarth wrote:
Leonardo wrote:

I have to sweat some copper pipes but the old valves won't turn

off
completely. Do I have to pay 8 bucks for 6 of those little egg
thingies, 4 of which I won't use, to block the drip?

Is there a handy find around the house substitute? I've heard that
bread balls will work, is that true?

Haven't tried it, seems like it would if you can be quick...

Why not shut off the house and repair the other cutoffs at the same
time?

Bread is the standard. I have only needed it a couple of times,

but it
worked.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Bread balls are the answer. I have used them many times.

Andy