Slumlord

Default HPLV & Airless sprayer advice wanted...

I manage several small apartment buildings and have a very large loft
that I am renovating. I am looking to invest in some painting equipment
since I have such a small window of time to repaint when a new tenant
moves in. THe HPLV I plan to use for trim and doors and the airless for
walls and ceilings.

I also plan to use the HPLV equipment in the future for a wood workshop
I am building in the future. The airless will also be used to spray
water based coating for concrete (part of a side business).

I am looking at Graco (i own a Graco texture sprayer already). I see a
lot of Wagner products, but I have had a bad experience with Wagner's
lower end stuff made for homeowners. I am not sure if their professional
line is also bad. Any experience with Wagner's higher end stuff?

I noticed Fuji has a 4 stage HPLV system as well as a 3 stage. What
advantages will the extra stage give you?

Any general advice is welcome. I am just try to avoid overkilling on my
equipment purchases.. or buying something too cheap that won't do what I
need it to do.

thanks in advance...
Bob Bowles

Jeff Jewitt has a forum devoted to spray that might help and he has
spray guns for sale. www.homesteadfinishing.com

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 07:42:46 -0500, Slumlord
wrote:

[...]

cm

I have had two Graco airless sprayers $300 / $1000 and was happy with both.

You will not need a third stage on your hvlp unless you don't mind spending
the extra $
We use these hvlps in our vintage trailer restoration business and love both
of them.

http://www.tptools.com/prod_list_dis...KVAV4XHVE04HGD

http://www.lemmer.com/t55-hvlp-turbine.htm

If you are going to use your hvlp for woodworking check out the Fuhr
products on the page the other poster sent your about spraying. Fuhr makes
water based or water bourne clear wood finishes that are awesome. You will
never use oilbased finishes again.

Good luck,

Craig

www.azcraig.us

"Slumlord" wrote in message
news
[...]

m Ransley

Sherwin Williams carries a few top brands and often has sales this time
of year, they can direct you to brand and price-quality differences .
Ive used Titan. They also repair equipment, a big consideration you
should not overlook in trying to get the cheapest price. Often I get a
free loaner on warranty repairs.