Mark Witczak

Default Drywall metal edge splicing

Hi,

I've got a sofit that is 12' long that I'm drywalling. The metal corner
bead I was able to buy is about 10' long. How do I go about splicing two
metal corner beads together?

Thanks,
Mark
Greg O

"Mark Witczak" wrote in message
newsFBMd.80477$Tf5.36753@lakeread03...
Hi,

I've got a sofit that is 12' long that I'm drywalling. The metal corner
bead I was able to buy is about 10' long. How do I go about splicing two
metal corner beads together?

Thanks,
Mark

Very carefully!
Really it is not a big deal, just but the two corner beads together, and
carefully line them up as you nail them down.
Greg

Phisherman

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 22:06:58 -0500, Mark Witczak
wrote:

Hi,

I've got a sofit that is 12' long that I'm drywalling. The metal corner
bead I was able to buy is about 10' long. How do I go about splicing two
metal corner beads together?

Thanks,
Mark

Overlap them. The mud will cover the irregularities.
Phisherman

wrote:

Hi,

I've got a sofit that is 12' long that I'm drywalling. The metal corner
bead I was able to buy is about 10' long. How do I go about splicing two
metal corner beads together?

Thanks,
Mark

Overlap them. The mud will cover the irregularities.

If the bead part prevents overlap, cut it such that the bead butts
together, but the flat part overlaps.

Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
How to tile metal surround of zero clearance fireplace JFCBAS Home Repair 3 January 8th 04 01:40 PM
Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge? Bay Area Dave Woodworking 115 November 17th 03 07:56 PM
Edge gluing boards Sammy Woodworking 17 October 12th 03 05:54 AM