Liz

Default Bathroom vanity top stain

My neighbor asked my opinion on this and I'm turning to the experts. She
has a dark gray with speckles (granite appearance) vanity in her bathroom
which she thinks is Corian but not sure. She has kept a white pill holder,
about 8 inches square, on the counter for about a year and now the color in
that spot has whitened. Any idea on how to clean it if it is Korean? And
if it's not? I saw it and it's pretty unsightly.

Thanks.

Colbyt

"Liz" wrote in message
My neighbor asked my opinion on this and I'm turning to the experts. She
has a dark gray with speckles (granite appearance) vanity in her bathroom
which she thinks is Corian but not sure. She has kept a white pill

holder,
about 8 inches square, on the counter for about a year and now the color

in
that spot has whitened. Any idea on how to clean it if it is Korean?

And
if it's not? I saw it and it's pretty unsightly.

Thanks.

I am no expert on this subject.

Soft scub is recomended by Dupont for cleaning Corian. It should also be
safe for most oter surfaces.

Try not to get it in the eyes of the Koreans.

Colbyt

Mike

You can also sand Corian down to remove the stain and buff it out. I
can't imagine Corian staining that bad since its non-porous. It is most
likely cultured marble with a granite finish. The gelcoat on cultured
marble is not that wonderful as you can't even use plumbers putty on
it. Might need to remove the sink top and take it to a kitchen and bath
place to have them sand and recoat it if it's cultured marble. Or throw
down 200-300 and buy a new one.

Liz wrote:
My neighbor asked my opinion on this and I'm turning to the experts.

She
has a dark gray with speckles (granite appearance) vanity in her

bathroom
which she thinks is Corian but not sure. She has kept a white pill

holder,
about 8 inches square, on the counter for about a year and now the

color in
that spot has whitened. Any idea on how to clean it if it is Korean?

And
if it's not? I saw it and it's pretty unsightly.

Thanks.

Liz

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message
My neighbor asked my opinion on this and I'm turning to the experts. She
has a dark gray with speckles (granite appearance) vanity in her bathroom
which she thinks is Corian but not sure. She has kept a white pill

holder,
about 8 inches square, on the counter for about a year and now the color

in
that spot has whitened. Any idea on how to clean it if it is Korean?

And
if it's not? I saw it and it's pretty unsightly.

Thanks.

I am no expert on this subject.

Soft scub is recomended by Dupont for cleaning Corian. It should also be
safe for most oter surfaces.

Try not to get it in the eyes of the Koreans.

Colbyt

LOL! Corian didn't pass SpellCheck - Korean was suggested and I hit
"change" instead of "ignore"!!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Liz

willshak

On 1/31/2005 9:16 PM US(ET), Liz took fingers to keys, and typed the
following:

"Colbyt" wrote in message

"Liz" wrote in message

[...]

If you are planning to use the name Corian in the future, add it to your
user dictionary

--
Bill