Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Andrew Sarangan

Default Cutting cast iron bath tub with circular saw

Is it possible to cut a cast iron bathtub with a circular saw? I bought the
metal cutting abrasive blades, but it is eating up the blade faster than
the bathtub. Ended up with a heap of black dust from the blade, but only a
small dent in the bath tub. The cut is getting red hot, and sparks are
flying. At this rate, it will take me days to get through. I am wondering
if there is an easier way. I can't use a sledge hammer as there isn't much
room for swing. Perhaps a different kind of blade? Any ideas are
appreciated. Thanks!