dadiOH wrote:
Andrew Sarangan wrote:
hi guys

I bought a pick axe as suggested by some people here, covered the
bathtub with a tarp, and tried to break it. No joy. Every time I
banged it, the porcelain broke off, but there was no sign of damage
to the metal underneath. What am I doing wrong? Am I not hitting it
hard enough?

Did it dent at all? If so, the tub is steel, not cast iron. Cast

iron
breaks, steel won't.

It did not dent, but there were small chips were it was struck. I
didn't feel that those chips were large enough to cause a crack.

Can I tell from the color whether it is steel? It is a dull grey metal.

Also, I did manage to cut tub using a metal cutting circular saw. I did
not get very far, but it did no feel like steel to me.