Junior Member

Default ceramic tile flooring heating coils

I am going to install a tile floor, and am deliberating whether I should also install heating coils at the same time. This is for a entryway that also leads to the upstairs. I have a heat vent next to the door (forced hot air) so I don't need the coils for heat. I realize the tile will be cool to the touch, but is it worth it to install the coils just so my feet don't feel cold when I get up in the morning and go to be at night? Also I think electric heat is very expensive. The unit is on sale at Menards for $140. plus $120 for the thermostat (programmable). It's probably a one time deal, so I am tempted to install it even if I don't use it. What's your thoughts? Are you aware of a better unit?
This one is from "Easy Heat" and consists of wires that you string back and forth to create any pattern you need.

Thanks!