Default Diluting Interior Primer

Just finished one room with Behr Acrylic Primer. The primer was good
but little bit too oily and showed a few drip marks where I applied
the primer too thick. I'm about the paint the next room so I'm
thinking that I should dilute the primer a bit for easy application.

I'm gonna follow it up with two coats of good Benjamin Moore paint so
a little light on the primer should matter much. Am I right? Thanks.

is this primer in question latex or oil based?

I think primer is formulated to be applied as it comes from the can.
My painters sand between coats and this should take care of any runs.
TB

Joe Zimmerman

I've got a paint sprayer that says it's okay to dilute latex with water...
it said add half a cup to each gallon if I recall correctly.

I tried it and it didn't cause any problems when I primed.

Joe

oups.com...