DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Diluting Interior Primer (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/87952-diluting-interior-primer.html)

[email protected] January 24th 05 06:23 AM

Diluting Interior Primer

Just finished one room with Behr Acrylic Primer. The primer was good
but little bit too oily and showed a few drip marks where I applied
the primer too thick. I'm about the paint the next room so I'm
thinking that I should dilute the primer a bit for easy application.

I'm gonna follow it up with two coats of good Benjamin Moore paint so
a little light on the primer should matter much. Am I right? Thanks.

[email protected] January 24th 05 02:05 PM

is this primer in question latex or oil based?

[email protected] January 24th 05 02:12 PM

On 24 Jan 2005 06:05:10 -0800, wrote:

is this primer in question latex or oil based?

Latex Acrylic.

[email protected] January 24th 05 05:45 PM

I think primer is formulated to be applied as it comes from the can.
My painters sand between coats and this should take care of any runs.
TB

Joe Zimmerman January 24th 05 06:39 PM

I've got a paint sprayer that says it's okay to dilute latex with water...
it said add half a cup to each gallon if I recall correctly.

I tried it and it didn't cause any problems when I primed.

Joe

oups.com...