david

Default AC and Heater not blowing enough air into the house.

hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now
that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into
the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the
place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA

david
Travis Jordan

david wrote:
hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now
that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into
the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the
place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA

What kind of heat? Electric furnace, oil, gas, hot water, heat pump?

Joseph Meehan

david wrote:
hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now
that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into
the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the
place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA

david

In addition to telling us what kind of heat, maybe you could let us know
if it is keeping it warm enough and cool enough. Why do you think it is not
blowing enough air?

For the pros around here, you might also want to tell us the make and
model of the heating\cooling system so they may know the features of it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

m Ransley

So simple :: Get a pro out, If your AC coil is clogged from prevoius
tennants not running a filter that could be it, or is your filter good?
Either way get a Pro out, You cant fix it if you are here posting
questions.

m Ransley

But of course Buba ass you have a better explanaition or fix? No you
don`t. So what if it is oil or gas. Clean it is the answer

m Ransley

Sorry Bubbaass Ive never worked on a furnace nor never will. I hire
TECHS not like YOU Hack boi

Besides the type of heationg and cooling and recommendation to check
the filter, I also want to know if you have also checked to see if the
windows and doors are good and that there are no drafts and insulation
is OK, etc.

m Ransley

Bubbass you Try but you failed , what a looser you are.

m Ransley

A clogged filter or clogged AC coil from previous owners negligence ,
just a guess and a place to start.

Rob Mitchell

david wrote:

hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now
that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into
the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the
place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA

david

If you have a central forced air heating system (as opposed to hot
water, baseboard heaters etc) then you might also check to see if the
humidifier air bypass damper is all the way open. If so, consider
closing it a bit.

I learned recently after helping my BIL install one that this damper
needs to be partially shut. If left open, then too much air might
circulate from the high pressure (hot) side of the furnace to the cold
(return) side. When this happens, air circulates through the humidifier
back to the return without going through the house. I checked mine when
I got home just to see how it was set.

Rob

Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message

david wrote:

[...]

If its sized and installed correctly, it does not matter one bit about the
dampner that isnt used on half the installs.
The air you talk about, isnt being vented to the outside of the ductwork,
and unless you have a 16 inch duct feeding the humidifier, (surely you
dont..LOL) a dampner in most cases is useless.

Water heater leak? Jim Z Home Repair 1 July 18th 04 01:57 PM
Electrical service question - old house, new addition - expert advice needed major domo Home Repair 4 November 20th 03 10:39 PM
Poor hot water heater performance dperez@juno_nospam.com Home Ownership 3 October 24th 03 03:21 PM
Immersion Heater Fuse Blowing MrCheerful UK diy 3 July 24th 03 02:15 PM