Steve@carolinabreezehvac

"Rob Mitchell" wrote in message

david wrote:

hi I just bought a condo and it passed the inspection. however, now
that winter is here the heater doesnt seem to blow enough hot air into
the room. in the summer i noticed it took a long time to cool the
place too. what should i check b/4 contacting the ac/heater guy? TIA

david

If you have a central forced air heating system (as opposed to hot
water, baseboard heaters etc) then you might also check to see if the
humidifier air bypass damper is all the way open. If so, consider
closing it a bit.

I learned recently after helping my BIL install one that this damper
needs to be partially shut. If left open, then too much air might
circulate from the high pressure (hot) side of the furnace to the cold
(return) side. When this happens, air circulates through the humidifier
back to the return without going through the house. I checked mine when
I got home just to see how it was set.

Rob

If its sized and installed correctly, it does not matter one bit about the
dampner that isnt used on half the installs.
The air you talk about, isnt being vented to the outside of the ductwork,
and unless you have a 16 inch duct feeding the humidifier, (surely you
dont..LOL) a dampner in most cases is useless.