I found a spray can of stuff to kill termites, spray into the holes
and no more. We had a couch with termites inside the wood and it got
tented but we don't know what with.

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 18:04:00 GMT, "Jim Beaver"
wrote:

I've got a new house, built last year (2003-04). But I brought to it some
ornate antique carved wooden panels to frame an archway -- eight feet tall,
two-and-a-half feet wide. These panels haven't been installed yet. I've
noticed the telltale signs of termite debris at the foot of these panels
where I've got them stored (in a steel and drywall garage).

Is there a way of reasonably cheaply getting rid of the termites in a spot
manner? My only experience killing termites has involved putting a tent
over a house. I'd hate to throw away these antique panels.

Maybe I can find someone who's having THEIR house tented and get 'em to let
me store the panels there during the tenting. ;-)

Jim Beaver

Roger Shoaf

How big are these panels? If you can, see if they will fit in your freezer.
I seem to remember a termite company advertising termite eradication with
liquid nitrogen injections.

If they are bigger you might be able to go someplace with a walk in freezer.
Ask your local university extension if this will work.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.
"Jim Beaver" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

http://www.ipm.iastate.edu/ipm/iiin/tdrywood discusses pretty much
exactly this topic. They don't mention liquid borate products
like Boracare, Tim-Bor, which may work depending on what the panels
are finished with, and whether you can inject or soak them without
destroying them.