Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC

Default Making a very hot cup of coffee

I am trying to have 2 questions answered before I need the repair. Please pardon, my question, if
you feel it is off topic. I have wrote emails to the Vendor and contacted them by phone for a week,
No return phone call or email.

I just purchased an expensive Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic CoffeMaker with Thermal Carafe, model
DGB-600.

I love very, "HOT" coffee. The directions included say the following:

"Prewarm carafe with hot water to help keep the coffee hotter".

I tried that with normal hot water from the sink and then placed "filtered cold water in the coffee
pot. The coffe came out cold. So I know, I need to place hot water inside the coffe maker.

So my question is this. I have a Hot Water Dispenser in the house, set to 190 degrees. Can I use
this temperature "hot water" directly inside the carafe to keep the carafe warm.

Also, can I use the 190 degree hot water to actually make the coffee.

I will be making coffee by using it's "grind the beans" on demand function.

Thanks much,

Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC
Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP
Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM

NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address:

NOTE: My web home page:
www.seldin.net

21st Century E-Business Money Making Formula NeoOne Woodworking 0 January 10th 05 02:40 AM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 01:56 AM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM
My $11 coffee table Bubba Woodworking 10 July 15th 03 11:49 PM