Yates AT

Default Crooked Dishwasher Door

Somehow the door to my dishwasher has gotten out of center. It can still be
closed, but has to be pushed. I can see where the top right hand corner is
rubbing, but I'm not sure how to straighten the door. Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks.
Tony Hwang

Yates AT wrote:
Somehow the door to my dishwasher has gotten out of center. It can still be
closed, but has to be pushed. I can see where the top right hand corner is
rubbing, but I'm not sure how to straighten the door. Any ideas would be
appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,
Hinge springs?
Tony
Dave Harnish

Hi,

This is usually a levelling/foot adjustment issue. Depending
on flooring or underlayment type, sometimes a dishwasher
foot, or feet, will 'settle' down on one side and twist the tank.
Especially common since the advent of plastic tanks (which
has, surprisingly, been a good thing btw), which will flex
more, of course, than older steel tanks/frames.

One solution may be to remove the two screws that retain the
DW to the underside of the countertop and pull the machine
out slightly and re-mount, allowing the door to close without
the door edge recessing beyond the front cabinet edge. If you
set the front flange of the tank flush with the cab. front, or
recessed only slightly, this will correct the edge contact.

Also, in some older homes around here (the warm-cold-warm-
cold NE grin), I see homes (including my own old farmhouse)
'shift' enough in winter to cause cabinet 'reveal' lines and
dishwasher cabinet alignment to move enough to cause door
rubbing. Mounting a dishwasher out just enough to eliminate its
door closing past the cabinet front will prevent this contact.

Hope that's of some help.

God bless,

Dave Harnish
Dave's Repair Service
New Albany, PA
www.DavesRepair.com

570-363-2404

Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair
technician! Get your monthly email newsletter he
(Back issues now posted too!)
www.DavesRepair.com

John 3:3