Default Harbor Freight/Homier rotary tool vs. a real Dremel or Craftsman

hi,
I am currently in the market for a rotary Dremel-type tool, with a flex
shaft. I found that while a suitable Dremel or Craftsman tool of this
type cost $80+, I could purchase a copy-cat version from Harbor Freight
($30) or Homier ($20). I'm wondering if anyone can provide some
experience-based feedback regarding differences in quality, etc.. of
these tools.
thanks.

Edwin Pawlowski

wrote in message
ups.com...
hi,
I am currently in the market for a rotary Dremel-type tool, with a flex
shaft. I found that while a suitable Dremel or Craftsman tool of this
type cost $80+, I could purchase a copy-cat version from Harbor Freight
($30) or Homier ($20). I'm wondering if anyone can provide some
experience-based feedback regarding differences in quality, etc.. of
these tools.
thanks.

The cheap tools are OK for a one time project, never to be used again. If
you intend to use it over time for many projects, spend the money for a good
tool. The general differences are cheaper, smaller bearings. looser
tolerances, more vibration. I've never seen a Homier tool, but I've never
heard anything good about them either.

toller

Oh yeh...
I bought a bunch of stuff at Homier once, and everything broke the first
time I used it. I can't imagine how they stay in business.

I have spent a lot more money at HF since the opened a store in town. Their
products are crude, but they usually are a good value. And, they refunded
my money for a defective clamp. Try that at Homier.

bill a

If you will be a light user of the power tools, HF stuff might be worth a
try.
Some of their stuff is OK at the price level. If you are going to be a
serious
hobbyist/pro user, I would go with the brand names.
I always hear that Homier is junk.

bill