Mike Marlow

"Steve" wrote in message
Ignoramus1946 wrote:

I bought a PVC 1/4" air line from HF. It lasted 6 minutes before it
ruptured at about 100 PSI. What a POS product.

I 2nd & 3rd that. They opened here a while back, and I'd been avoiding

going
there, 'cause I knew most (probably all) of their stuff is cheap import

crap.
Finally couldn't resist, and bought a muffler pipe expander. It was
a only $15, and figured I'd try 'em, and hey, if it worked only once, I'd
win. Stripped the treads on it the very 1st time I tried to use it.
And I was using only hand tools, and was heating the pipe to a cherry red
before trying to expand it and before inserting the expander. Repaired
it by using a long grade 5 bolt & nut. The original compression bolt was
made from very soft metal. Should take the whole damn thing back, but I
won't bother for $15. Another thing I will not take back is myself.

Won't go there again, I hope.
I M...U...S...T R...E...S...I...S...T, M....U...S...T RESIST!
Buyer beware.

There is some pure junk on their shelves, that's for sure. On the other
hand, I've bought some stuff there that was a really good buy. Bulk nylon
rope - can't beat the price. I bought 600 feet for $9.00. Body tools - I
bought a slap spoon there for under $10 and have used the hell out of it.
Air hose - I bought 3/8 Goodyear hose there for 1/2 the price of places
around here. Works just like a decent air hose should. Grinder wheels,
wire wheels, cutoff wheels - all a fraction of the price other places and
they are perfectly fine wheels. Clamps - both woodworking and body clamps -
much cheaper and they work. Braising rod - a hell of a lot cheaper at HF.
Digital micrometer and dial indicator - both a good buy there. Jack
stands - the best buy around. There's plenty of stuff that you can buy at
HF and save a ton of money compared to other places. You just have to know
what you're looking for and how to recognize junk, and be a little selective
in what you spend your money on there.

--

-Mike-

... ...

You think it's no big deal for UPS to leave an adult signature required
package ?
Go to REC. GUNS and see how many times UPS adult signature required
packages containing firearms or ammuniton have been left on door steps.

Bill