Default Tiling over crack in slab floor

I'm attempting to tile my house floor and would appreciate some
opinions here.

In order to tile over a crack, is it best to use a 'fabric' to cover
the crack, or the type of 'thinset' that allows for movement?
Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*******

Tile Council of America has its Installlation Methods on line.
TB

SQLit

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm attempting to tile my house floor and would appreciate some
opinions here.

In order to tile over a crack, is it best to use a 'fabric' to cover
the crack, or the type of 'thinset' that allows for movement?
Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*******

Sorta depends on the type and size of the crack. check with someone locally
to be sure.
Do you have a newer home with a pre or post tension slab? If so better
contact a third party for an inspection

Fabric is definitely out.

Wayne

I would be very careful installing tile on a floor that has cracks. You do
not mention age or size which does make a difference; hairline 20 years old
or 1/2" wide by 10' long?

Wayne

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm attempting to tile my house floor and would appreciate some
opinions here.

In order to tile over a crack, is it best to use a 'fabric' to cover
the crack, or the type of 'thinset' that allows for movement?
Your help will be appreciated.

Lewis.

*******

Greg

They use a membrane under tile around here. The fact is virtually all slabs
will crack and you want to isolate that from the tile.

uneven slightly damp sandstone slab floor - levelling compound/tiles/carpet? tez UK diy 12 November 3rd 04 10:57 AM
Tiling a not-flat floor MDixon1918 Home Repair 6 January 15th 04 05:48 PM
Foundation Cracks Bob W. Home Repair 3 December 22nd 03 05:39 PM
crack in floor slab under carpet Chervah Home Repair 1 August 11th 03 05:42 AM
wood floor on uneven slab Robert Sefton Home Repair 1 July 20th 03 03:45 PM