ares

Default Hunter fan switch replacements

We have several Hunter fans which hubby replaced the switches because the
pull string would get pulled out of them. Thing is, now we have several
fans which do not have the High-Medium-Low speeds in them; some will have 2
lows and a high or 2 mediums and a high etc. and often in a crazy
sequence. Does anyone know how he can get it back to 3 speeds? I really
would prefer it be correct for one particular fan and he never gets to it so
I might want to try to do it.
ares

curmudgeon

Hubby needs to go to home depot. They stock replacement switches and he
obviously bought the wrong type for your fan. What you have is a switch
designed to turn the light on and off as well as the fan speeds. Wrong!

"ares" wrote in message news:6zHDd.298$lG.172@trnddc03...
We have several Hunter fans which hubby replaced the switches because the
pull string would get pulled out of them. Thing is, now we have several
fans which do not have the High-Medium-Low speeds in them; some will have
2
lows and a high or 2 mediums and a high etc. and often in a crazy
sequence. Does anyone know how he can get it back to 3 speeds? I really
would prefer it be correct for one particular fan and he never gets to it
so
I might want to try to do it.
ares

ares

I messed with it today and did more research; aparently there are loads of
people with this problem; the bedroom fan has 2 speeds, low and high; the
medium speed vanished and it WAS a 3 speed fan switch but apparently Hunter
makes theirs differently from other fans so I am trying ordering their
switch and hopefully will get my 3 speeds back. The other fans I think just
had the wires attached in the wrong order; couldn't find the right circuit
breaker and sparks were flying with the wall switch off when I was trying to
work on those, so I think that project is getting put
ares