Junior Member

Default Repaint interior of microwave oven

I always understood that the interior of microwave ovens should not be repainted. However, I saw this being done at an hotel in Cyprus recently.
My own oven could do with smartening up - is painting the interior advisable?
Regards
TonyL
Travis Jordan

TonyL wrote:
I always understood that the interior of microwave ovens should not be
repainted. However, I saw this being done at an hotel in Cyprus
recently.
My own oven could do with smartening up - is painting the interior
advisable?

No problem - you can even buy paint specially for this purpose:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...rtID=277&Acc=1

As in all paint jobs, preparation of the surface is key. Make sure it is
thoroughly degreased, then scuff it sufficiently so that the new paint gets
a good grip.

bumtracks

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
TonyL wrote:
I always understood that the interior of microwave ovens should not be
repainted. However, I saw this being done at an hotel in Cyprus
recently.
My own oven could do with smartening up - is painting the interior
advisable?

No problem - you can even buy paint specially for this purpose:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...rtID=277&Acc=1

As in all paint jobs, preparation of the surface is key. Make sure it is
thoroughly degreased, then scuff it sufficiently so that the new paint

gets
a good grip.

so I guess you're saying the appliance store saw me coming when they sold me
a special $10 one ounce nail polish type bottle of whirlpool microwave
interior touch up paint.

Travis Jordan

bumtracks wrote:
"Travis Jordan" wrote
No problem - you can even buy paint specially for this purpose:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...rtID=277&Acc=1

so I guess you're saying the appliance store saw me coming when they
sold me a special $10 one ounce nail polish type bottle of whirlpool
microwave interior touch up paint.

No more so than the car dealer where you bought the same size and kind of
touch up paint for $9

ares

If I had sanded and painted the interior of mine, it might not have shorted
out or arced and died.
ares

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
news
bumtracks wrote:
"Travis Jordan" wrote
No problem - you can even buy paint specially for this purpose:
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp...rtID=277&Acc=1

Edwin Pawlowski

"ares" wrote in message
If I had sanded and painted the interior of mine, it might not have
shorted
out or arced and died.
ares

Maybe. but how do you explain the unpainted stainless steel models like
mine? They are no more prone to arcing than the painted ones I've owned.

ares

OH well, beats me......................., actually didn't know there are
unpainted stainless steel ones. Maybe what was under the paint in mine was
metal that wasn't designed to be harmless if exposed.
ares

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...