Ken

Default Security System Backup Battery

Our system battery has never been changed since installation in 1995. The
installers said it would need to be changed periodically but they never
followed up.
Are these batteries readily available and easy to change out?

Ken

Edwin Pawlowski

"Ken" wrote in message
nk.net...
Our system battery has never been changed since installation in 1995. The
installers said it would need to be changed periodically but they never
followed up.
Are these batteries readily available and easy to change out?

Ken

It can be one of a hundred different batteries and dozens if different
systems so no one can give you an accurate assessment.

Radio Shack can order just about any battery you need.

Ross Mac

"Ken" wrote in message
nk.net...
Our system battery has never been changed since installation in 1995. The
installers said it would need to be changed periodically but they never
followed up.
Are these batteries readily available and easy to change out?

Ken

Leave a message on what the battery brand and model is and if it is
obsolete, it will probably cross. If you have a Batteries Plus franchise
nearby, just haul it into them. That place is great. You may need to solder
/ desolder the battery so hopefully you are equipped for that. Good luck,
Ross

G. Morgan

Subject: Security System Backup Battery
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Ken = wrote:

Our system battery has never been changed since installation in 1995. The
installers said it would need to be changed periodically but they never
followed up.
Are these batteries readily available and easy to change out?

Assuming you are talking about the system back-up battery, you can easily change
it yourself. You'll need a 12 Volt 4AH or 7AH lead-acid available at
Radio-Shack or online. THe only difference in amp-hours is how much standby
time you'll have-- go with the 7AH as the price difference is negligible.

12-Volt/7Ah Lead-Acid Alarm Battery
$29.99 Brand: RadioShack
Catalog #: 23-275

If you have a wireless system (wireless door/window transmitters, PIR's ect..)
these batteries are also changeable by you -- but you'll have to give specifics
about your system for me to tell you which batteries to purchase.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email

G. Morgan

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Edwin Pawlowski = wrote:

It can be one of a hundred different batteries and dozens if different
systems so no one can give you an accurate assessment.

Nope. Not if it's the back-up battery. They are universal.

--
-Graham

Remove the 'snails' from my email
Jim Yanik

G. Morgan wrote in
:

Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Ken = wrote:

[...]

Wal-Mart carries these size LA batteries for kids electric cars/scooters.At
about the same prices.
You can get them cheaper elsewhere,though.Much cheaper,I believe.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik