Jim Yanik

G. Morgan wrote in
:

Subject: Security System Backup Battery
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= Ken = wrote:

Our system battery has never been changed since installation in 1995.
The installers said it would need to be changed periodically but they
never followed up.
Are these batteries readily available and easy to change out?

Assuming you are talking about the system back-up battery, you can
easily change it yourself. You'll need a 12 Volt 4AH or 7AH lead-acid
available at Radio-Shack or online. THe only difference in amp-hours
is how much standby time you'll have-- go with the 7AH as the price
difference is negligible.

12-Volt/7Ah Lead-Acid Alarm Battery
$29.99 Brand: RadioShack
Catalog #: 23-275

If you have a wireless system (wireless door/window transmitters,
PIR's ect..) these batteries are also changeable by you -- but you'll
have to give specifics about your system for me to tell you which
batteries to purchase.

Wal-Mart carries these size LA batteries for kids electric cars/scooters.At
about the same prices.
You can get them cheaper elsewhere,though.Much cheaper,I believe.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik