homerownerer

Default Linoleum Floor Replacement new house

We built a house 12 months ago and we are completing our 12 month final
punchlist for the builder. One of the issues I am having is with the
kitchen linoleum floor. It is an Armstrong floor, but just the basic
builder grade. The floor is dented in a few places, has a few cuts and
is generally, I think, wearing way to early. The cuts are not from
anything in particular like moving items across or dropping things,
just small 1/4" or so slits. Maybe 3 or 4 in a 150+sqft kitchen. I
know this again is just basic grade, but do you think this is a builder
warrantable item? In a casual conversation with the "warrantly clerk"
she doesn't think the builder will do anything for us. I know we
should have upgraded, but I would think we would get more than a year
of basic wear & tear out of the linoleum. I would even pay for the
difference to do an upgrade floor. The wife think we got what we paid
for and to leave it alone.

What do you think?

Have you spoken with the manufacturer?
They should be able to give you information on installation
requirements.
They might hazard a guess on reasonable life of the product.
You would at least have information when dealing with the builder.
TB

Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Adding one more floor to the house? Possible???? AJScott Home Ownership 2 February 26th 04 02:15 AM
house rebuilt year Djavdet Home Repair 27 February 20th 04 02:50 AM
another 'house not selling' lament RPC Home Ownership 13 July 29th 03 11:51 PM