Bonnie Jean

Default hot water heater pipe corrosion

Today I noticed that one of the copper pipes that is on the top of my hot
water heater has some green corrosion on it. I didn't feel any moisture but
there must have been in order for the corrosion to happen, right?

Should this be of concern to me? Being that I am a novice in this sort of
thing, should I do something about it or call a plumber, or not worry?

Thanks
Bonnie

Joseph Meehan

Bonnie Jean wrote:
Today I noticed that one of the copper pipes that is on the top of my
hot water heater has some green corrosion on it. I didn't feel any
moisture but there must have been in order for the corrosion to
happen, right?

Should this be of concern to me? Being that I am a novice in this
sort of thing, should I do something about it or call a plumber, or
not worry?

Thanks
Bonnie

A little is OK. Watch it over the next few months. If it does not get
larger or start to leak, don't worry.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

effi

per Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark on
http://curezone.com/clark/home.asp
" If your house has copper pipes don't wait for cancer or schizophrenia to
claim a family member. Change all the copper pipe to PVC plastic
immediately."

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
Today I noticed that one of the copper pipes that is on the top of my hot
water heater has some green corrosion on it. I didn't feel any moisture
but
there must have been in order for the corrosion to happen, right?

Should this be of concern to me? Being that I am a novice in this sort of
thing, should I do something about it or call a plumber, or not worry?

Thanks
Bonnie

Mikepier

It's probably a little electrolysis, which is the chemical reaction
between 2 dissimiliar metals, which in this case is the copper pipe and
the galvanized fitting on the water heater. Technically there is
suppose to be a di-electric insulator between the 2 metals. Usually a
water heater comes with it already attached to the galvanized nipple on
the top, but over time it might wear out.
It could also be that what some plumbers do when they install a new
water heater is remove the nipple altogether and just put a copper male
adapter on the water heater.
Just keep an eye on it as Joe Meehan said. A little is ok.

bell

effi wrote:
per Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark on
http://curezone.com/clark/home.asp
" If your house has copper pipes don't wait for cancer or
schizophrenia to claim a family member. Change all the copper pipe
to PVC plastic immediately."

Hey effi...you need this website.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

You are very welcome.

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message
Today I noticed that one of the copper pipes that is on the top
of my hot water heater has some green corrosion on it. I didn't
feel any moisture but
there must have been in order for the corrosion to happen, right?

Should this be of concern to me? Being that I am a novice in this
sort of thing, should I do something about it or call a plumber,
or not worry? Thanks
Bonnie

effi

"bell" wrote in message
effi wrote:
per Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark on
http://curezone.com/clark/home.asp
" If your house has copper pipes don't wait for cancer or
schizophrenia to claim a family member. Change all the copper pipe
to PVC plastic immediately."

Hey effi...you need this website.

http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html

You are very welcome.

spammer!

plonk!

say hi to them other two fellas while you're there

Jeff Wisnia

effi wrote:
per Dr. Hulda Regehr Clark on
http://curezone.com/clark/home.asp
" If your house has copper pipes don't wait for cancer or schizophrenia to
claim a family member. Change all the copper pipe to PVC plastic
immediately."

Jeeze, he/she's at it again. While this quack Doctor of psychology tells
you to get rid of copper, she doesn't bother to say why.

Look at her bio:

About the Author
Dr. Clark is an independent research scientist. Dr. Clark has a Bachelor
of Arts, Magna Cum Laude, and the Master of Arts with High Honors from
the University of Saskatchewan, Canada. Then she studied for two years
at McGill University before attending the University of Minnesota and
obtaining her doctorate degree in physiology in 1958. After doing
government sponsored research for almost ten years at Indiana
University, she began private consulting in nutrition in 1979.

She continued her studies to earn a Naturopathy degree and an amateur
radio license. The freedom to follow her most promising observations led
to the breakthrough discoveries described in this book.

What's an "independent research scientist"? Sound to me like someone no
respected member of the scientific community wants to be seen talking to.

Who the hell has to brag about getting a ham radio license? I got mine
when I was 13 years old, 55 years ago.

Since "effi" plonked me the last time I challenged him/her, I won't be
expecting a direct reply from this character, who sounds like his/her
whole alimentary canal has somehow gotten reversed.

I can't tell if "effi" is a wise guy trolling us or an ahole being serious.

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message

Today I noticed that one of the copper pipes that is on the top of my hot
water heater has some green corrosion on it. I didn't feel any moisture
but
there must have been in order for the corrosion to happen, right?

Should this be of concern to me? Being that I am a novice in this sort of
thing, should I do something about it or call a plumber, or not worry?

Thanks
Bonnie

Now, in response to the OP, it's quite possible that green corrosion
resulted from the plumbing installer not completely cleaning all traces
of soldering flux from the pipes when done soldering. Chances are good
that it's minor and will not get any worse. Clean it off with steel wool
and water and watch to see if it returns.

Happy New Year,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
effi

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
effi wrote:
[...]

you have a sick mind!

dr. clark is a world authority on cancer and you belittle her with your
spam!

spammer!

plonk!

join them other fells in lala land forever
(tools, message rules, blocked sender's list, you're now on it)

[...]

George E. Cawthon

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
effi wrote:

[...]

((Stuff deleted))
Jeff

Damn! I'm jealous, I didn't get a plonk. Rather than
accepting the bio, one might want to check the public
records of the various Universities.
Bonnie Jean

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's probably a little electrolysis,

Thanks Mike and Joseph, for the advice. I will keep an eye out. (well not
literally)

Effie, thanks for the laughs. Bell, I love the AFBD.

willshak

On 1/3/2005 2:40 AM US(ET), George E. Cawthon took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

effi wrote:

[...]

Just Google her name. You will get pages like this:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cer/clark.html

--
Bill
effi

"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message

"Mikepier" wrote in message
oups.com...
It's probably a little electrolysis,

Thanks Mike and Joseph, for the advice. I will keep an eye out. (well not
literally)

Effie, thanks for the laughs. Bell, I love the AFBD.

Hi Bonnie. The account name is effi, not effie.

The issue was copper posioning in plumbing, not Dr. Hulda Clark's integrity
(no wonder she's under attack, she has exposed many of the problems with the
medical industry).

So copper poisoning through your water supply if your plumbing system is
introducing it into your body is worth a laugh?

You'll probably be rolling on the ground in laughter at the information on
these sites:
http://www.brita.com.au/why_filter_water/copper2
from Brita, "The market leader in portable household water filtration."

haha?

http://www.crinet.com/copper.htm

haha?

http://www.brita.com.au/why_filter_water/copper2

haha?

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/stories/684.asp

haha?

http://www.hhs.state.ne.us/puh/enh/pbcuwatr.htm

haha?

http://www.watertiger.net/resources/...ntaminants.htm

haha?

I recall you mentioned your coppper pipe has a green coloration on it.
Notice any off the blue and green coloration of the copper pipe mentioned on
those sites?

Do your own Google search on copper pipe water posion.

You might want to consider hiring an expert to look at your plumbing so you
aren't unknowingly being poisoned by copper, instead of relying on the
comfort factor from personal attacks made on this discussion group by some
very uninformed individuals.

Enjoy!

Jeff Wisnia

effi wrote:
"Bonnie Jean" wrote in message

"Mikepier" wrote in message
groups.com...
[...]

The OP said the corrosion was on the OUTSIDE of the pipe, which has no
relation with what's happening to the water flowing through (or standing
in) the pipes, does it now?

The links you offered indicate that high levels of copper in the water
are evidenced by green corrosion on the wetted parts of fixtures and
milky or "blue" water, and I'd expect that a sensible person seeing
either of the latter two would take appropriate action to find out
what's happening with their water. I do appreciate the links though, it
never hurts to learn something new.

In our home, we use a Multi-Pure water filter for our drinking
watersupply and change the filter cartridges regularly. I think that
makes more sense than your rants about ripping all the copper out of an
existing house before you even know whether there's a problem with
dangerously high amounts of copper disolved in the OP's water.

Happy New Year,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
George E. Cawthon

willshak wrote:

((Snipped))

Damn! I'm jealous, I didn't get a plonk. Rather than accepting the
bio, one might want to check the public records of the various
Universities.

Just Google her name. You will get pages like this:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quackery...cer/clark.html

Don't need to google to know that she is a quack. Anyone
who claims to be able to or know how to cure all cancers at
this time is obviously full of BS. I noted with interest
that the site you gave doesn't dispute her BS, MS, and Ph.
D. degrees. OTOH, having legitimate advanced degrees doesn't
mean a person isn't nuts. Just look at the mathematician
that was the subject of a recent movie. Strange how the
movie folks found a need to invent different delusion from
what he really had?

need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 01:15 AM
Thankless or Tankless hot water heaters [email protected] Home Repair 6 January 29th 04 03:01 AM